Greetings from Microsoft !!
Position: Support Engineer
Skill : SQL Server DBA
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
J ob Employment: Permanent/Full Time/FTE
Shift Timings: Night Shifts ONLY -North American shift
The SQL Support team will be responsible for delivering SQL Server support for all Microsoft customers. Utilizing knowledge of the customer environment, they will deliver timely and high-quality incident resolution focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer. They will effectively manage cases and sub-cases to ensure timely and high quality communication with customers and resolution of all issues.
* Communicate with corporate customers via telephone, email, and other electronic communications regarding problems.
* Analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; may involve writing custom code.
* Participate in case triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions.
* Write technical articles and sample programs for Microsoft's knowledge base.
* Strong Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) knowledge and experience.
* Hands on experience on SQL DBA activities.(At least 4+ yrs, someone with exp in Oracle DBA willing to work on SQL is also eligible)
* Experience on clustering and availability groups will be an advantage.
Good knowledge gained from experience in MicrosoftÂ® SQL Server versions 2012 , 2008 R2 , 2008, 2005 is required
* Good understanding of the concepts of Operating Systems is required
* Experience of at-least 4 years in the technical environment mentioned above is desirable.
Critical Exposure areas
1. Database experience with good knowledge of internals
2. Operating System Concepts
3. Trouble shooting skills
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category: Admin/Maintenance/Security/Datawarehousing
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent